Selecting the Perfect Safety Razor
Selecting the perfect safety razor could be quite a tedious job unless you are prepared to take a few risks by experimenting at random using safety razors.
For starters, Merkur 23C safety razors can be a perfect choice as it is not too sharp and helps to protect the skin.
According to the level of closeness of the shave and for touching up the sideburns, mustaches, eyebrows, and beards, the detailing/adjustable safety razors like the Merkur Futur are the best choice.
Other razors which you can choose depending on your shaving goals include the smorgasbord, butterfly open, shavettes and the straight razors.
How to Shave With a Safety Razor
To enjoy a relaxing and enjoyable experience using a safety razor, you will need to follow these instructions.
- Prepare your beard by hydrating the beard and mustache with warm water. The best way is to take a shower with hot water. You can use a hot towel to hydrate the facial hair properly.
- Do not apply extra pressure and let the razor move around and do the work by applying a gentle touch to slice the hair after giving a lift.
- Using short strokes is the best way to achieve the desired result, instead of the long strokes that come down to the jawline.
- Shave with grain to ensure a smooth and complete shave. To do this you should know the direction of the facial hair growth. Move the safety razor, according to the direction of the hair growth, which may be different in different parts of the face.
- Those required to shave continuously for a few days, you will require to re-lather and shave against the grain.
- Wash your face with cold water and dry with a towel.
You will need the following tools for achieving a successful shave.
- A quality safety razor
- A pack of double-edged razor blades
- High-quality natural shaving creams / face wash that are soft on the skin and help to nourish the skin
Tips for a Smooth and Complete Shave
The following tips can help you to achieve a relaxing and enjoyable shave.
- Do not take to dry process of shaving. Always wash your face with warm water. The best thing would be to take a hot shower.
- Wash your face with less warm water before shaving to avoid your skin to become prone to cuts.
- Instead of using soap go for a shaving cream in the form of a gel or a foam.
- Move the razor against the grain, paying attention to the direction of the growth of the facial hair.
- Rinse your face with cold water aftershave for closing the pores.
- Protect your skin from the sun as much as possible.
- Replace safety razors on a regular basis.